Candidates, intending to apply for CWE Clerks-VII should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility
criteria specified by IBPS in this advertisement:
1. Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2. Age (As on 01.09.2017):
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1989 and not later than 01.09.1997 (both dates inclusive)
|Sl. no.||Category||Age Relaxation|
(OBC) - 13 Years
(Gen)- 10 Years
|4.||Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|5.||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 Years|
|6.||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 Years|
|7.||Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 Years|
|8.||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 Years|
Candidates applying for the IBPS Clerk must have any of the following educational qualification to be eligible to apply for the post of Clerk:
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate ExServicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 03.10.2017. Such certificates should be dated on or before 03.10.2017.
IBPS Clerk Exam PatternThe IBPS Clerk exam occurs in two stages: Prelims and Mains. Both these papers follow online method of conducting written examination. The structure of the exam is as follow: Phase-1: IBPS Clerk Preliminary Examination
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability||Computer||General Awareness|
|Reading Comprehension||Number Series||Puzzle and Arrangements||History and Generation of Computers||Banking and Insurance Awareness|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Inequality||Introduction to Computer Organisation||Financial Awareness|
|Fillers||Quadratic Equations||Syllogism||Computer Hardware and I/O Devices||Govt. Schemes and Policies|
|Spotting Errors||Data Interpretation||Coding - Decoding||Computer Languages, Basics of DBMS||Current Affairs|
|Sentence Improvement||Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Operating System, Internet||Static Awareness|
|Fill in the Blanks||Miscellaneous||Direction sense||Computer Network & Security|
|Order and Ranking||MS Office Suit and Short cut keys|
|Computer Memory, Computer Software|
|Number System and Conversions|
How To Apply?
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should—
(i) scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement.
(ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
(iii) keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
(iv) have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the completion of this round of Common Recruitment Process. IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
Procedure for applying online
(1) Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CWE Clerks” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- Clerks (CWE-Clerks-VII)” to open the On-Line Application Form.
(2) Candidates will have to click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed.
(3) Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature (Annexure III).
(4) Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form properly verified and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
(5) The candidate should indicate in the online application the state to which he/she opts for provisional allotment on selection. The option once exercised will be irrevocable.
Mode of Payment
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only: Payment of fees/ intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE
IBPS Clerk Admit Card
Admit Card Download Candidates can download IBPS Clerk CWE Admit card following the below steps:
• Visit official website of IBPS www.ibps.in
• Select the tag CWE Clerical from left-hand side corner.
• Click on Common Written Examination for Clerical.
• In next window, you will find link to Download Admit card of Clerk CWE.
• Submit required details in the column given.
• Take print out of the call letter/admit card.
IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure
IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure will comprise of the five stages:
1. Online Registration for the IBPS Clerk exam
2. Preliminary examination
3. Mains examination
4. Document verification
5. Final allotment
IBPS Clerk Previous Year Cutoff Marks
How To Prepare?
Few important points to be considered during the preparation of SBI Clerk exams are as follows:
• Exam pattern and syllabus: knowing the complete syllabus of the examination including the weightage of questions from each topics. Usually pattern of Clerk exams keeps on changing so it is important to keep yourself updated about the latest pattern of the examination.
• Make a list: prepare a list of topics according to your convenience and your proficiency about them:
Topics with which you are familiar and can solve it easily.
Topics with which you are familiar but require time solving it.
Topics with which you are familiar but it is difficult for you to solve.
Topics with which you are completely unaware.
Focus more on the topics which are your weak points so that it doesn’t hamper your marks during examination.
• Take mock test and practice sets: this tells you where you are currently at your preparation level and also helps in improving your speed and accuracy. Try our free and paid mock test to prepare yourself.
• Classes: self study is the most important factor in any exam preparation.
• videos: topics related videos helps you preparing the topics more comfortably and is easily understandable.
• shortcuts tricks: learning new tricks for solving the problem fast is one of the finest method for preparation.
• dedication: keep yourself motivated and dedicated towards your goal of clearing the SBI Clerk 2018 EXAM.
Best of Luck !!!
IBPS Clerk Exam Faq's